Tropicana Donates Over 2 Tonnes Of Fresh Produce To 10 Charity Homes
Tropicana Foundation, a charity arm of Tropicana Corporation Berhad donated over 2,000 kg worth of fresh produce to 10 different underprivileged homes and NGOs in the Klang Valley area. Together with its agriculture arm, Purple Pumkie and Greenhouse, the Tropicana team organised and packed various fresh produce from Patin fish, free-range chicken, tomato, kangkung, spinach, sweet potato leaves, brinjal, and sweet corn that will feed about 1,000 folks for a week.
Peter Kuan, Managing Director of Tropicana Golf & Country Resort (“TGCR”) conveyed his thanks to the Tropicana team and stressed that now more than ever, it is important to reach out to the underprivileged communities. “The current restrictions on public movement and economic activities are challenging for many, especially the underprivileged communities,” he said. “This is a good time for us to reach out and support in whatever way we can. With our small donations, we want to provide nutritious meals to the needy. Keeping one safe and eating healthily is paramount during this period.” The fresh produce was packed and boxed at TGCR. TGCR served as the collection centre where strict SOP was observed at all times.
- Pusat Jagaan Kasih Harapan (Orphanage)
- Rumah Sentuhan Budi (Orphanage)
- Rumah Hope (Orphanage)
- House of Joy (Orphanage & Old Folks)
- Lighthouse Children Welfare Home (Orphanage)
- Pusat Jagaan Orang-Orang Kurang Upaya & Terbiar Lovely (Homeless & Disabled)
- Rumah Charis (Orphanage & Old Folks)
- Rumah Kasih Harmoni Paya Jaras Sungai Buloh (Orphanage)
- PJ Caring Home (Homeless & Mentally Ill)
- Kiwanis Malaysia (NGO)