Chill Out Spot
The newly-opened Starbucks Reserve at the Tropicana Gardens Mall is the largest one in the country. Here’s why you’ll want to make it your new hang-out spot.
An immersive coffee experience
This signature store celebrates all things coffee. With a design that’s similar to the shape of a coffee bean, the layout of the store is vast, with a large curvature and floor-to-ceiling windows that connect the indoors to the small garden seating area outside. Spanning more than 6,200 square feet of retail space, the store features two bars: the main one offering all core and seasonal handcrafted Starbucks beverages, and the other, a coffee bar that offers six different brewing methods, including pour-over, Chemex®, siphon, Black Eagle espresso, and Nitro Cold Brew.
Lots of photo spots The outdoor area that’s inspired by Japanese gardens looks especially great against the backdrop of a blue sky on a sunny day. Meanwhile, one of the main highlights of the store is a 50-foot wide ‘Wall of Gratitude’, which features photos of more than 200 frontline medical workers and Starbucks baristas. The mural serves as a way to pay tribute to the people who have been fighting together against COVID-19.
A convenient location The Tropicana Gardens Mall is located in the heart of the bustling community between Kota Damansara and Tropicana Indah, which is the largest neighbourhood mall in the vicinity. Spanning approximately 1 million square feet, this vibrant shopping centre is the largest neighbourhood mall in the vicinity and is strategically connected to the Surian MRT station.
5 quick facts about the Starbucks reserve
1. The outdoor seating is inspired by the gardens in Japan, with its very own bamboo fountain, traditional stone lanterns, also known as Tōrō, and even its own Torii gate.
2. A big part of the Reserve store is the immersive and educational experience that you’ll get from ordering the Reserve brew coffees.
3. The brewing methods available there include Siphon brewing and Chemex brewing, which are very theatrical and truly showcases the art that goes into the craft of making good coffee.
4. A recommended drink by the CEO of Starbucks Malaysia, Sydney Quays, is the Reserve Mocha, which combines rich dark chocolate with the Starbucks Reserve espresso.
5. He describes this Starbucks Reserve outlet to be, “Oasis, Experience and Beautiful.”